Panagia lies in the east of Limenas and is about 300 years old. The village lies in the mountains of the island Thassos. The village got his name from the patron of the church Panagias. The patron is called Panagias, too. They build the church for his honor. Every 15th of august there is a festival for him. In 1840 Panagia was the main city of the isle. At this time the city made his own coins. Typical for this city are the narrow streets and the small white houses. The roofs of the houses are made out of slate and they have also small balconies. In the middle of the village there is a small well, with very clear water directly out of the mountains. A big tree gives some shadow just in front of it. Panagia has about 890 inhabitants. It is important to visit because of its beauty. There is often during the day a bus from Limenas who reaches this village. But you will also reach it from other villages of the island by bus.